Meteorological equipment inventory system
Over the past several years meteorological instruments for fixing analysis of current weather conditions and creation of weather forecasts have undergone significant changes. Not long ago the profession of a meteorologist was often put in comparison with the profession of a geologist, because it also meant long hours spent away from home in search for valuable meteorological data and accumulation of statistical information over a number of years, which required considerable human effort.
Thanks to the development of computing platforms, communication channels and a wide range of various meteorological instruments for the analysis of various weather phenomena, the possibilities of meteorology have significantly advanced. However, it brought about the situation when our customers have a wide range of meteorological equipment from different manufacturers with different launch dates, various interfaces and modifications, different composition and performance of the network infrastructure (servers, telecommunications and power-generating equipment, etc.).
Our company developed an advanced system MeteOSS - meteorological equipment and network infrastructure accounting and inventory system that helps our clients to register all used meteorological instruments and equipment. The system also provides automatization of control over equipment, improves the quality and optimizes the cost of repairs, reduces the time necessary for the maintenance and repairs, increases safety and ensures uninterrupted operations of meteorological systems and equipment on an enterprise-wide or national scale. Using the inventory system together with our training materials on maintenance and repairs provides a significant optimization of work process and cost savings.
MeteOSS represents a unique tool for finding those components of the system that have a high risk of failure, allows you to quickly and effectively analyze the current load of equipment and systems and plan the future modernization and development, taking into account the current availability of equipment, the terms of its warranty and service as well as loading of communication channels and telecommunication infrastructure.
Meteorological equipment inventory system MeteOSS provides the following capabilities:
- make a full inventory of meteorological, telecommunications and power-generating equipment, hardware and communication channels;
- include into the accounting and inventory system the equipment in the warehouse or, for example, the equipment for testing, calibration and verification of meteorological instruments;
- locate all the equipment in accordance with departments, sites, buildings and cities, taking into account the physical and logical connections between geographically and logically separated systems;
- assign the individuals and departments of the company responsible for the repair and maintenance of each type of equipment and units;
- coordinate from a single point the planning and execution of all works related to the maintenance and replacement of equipment;
- receive a wide range of reports on any dynamic queries - for example, on the end date of warranty for a given type of equipment, on the availability of free ports in a given zone or on the implementation of SLA agreement with the client;
- schematically represent the physical and logical connections of meteorological equipment based on cabling or wireless infrastructure;
- realistically represent the equipment appearance, taking into account all the constituents, individual boards, sensors, connections for their correct maintenance and repairs;
- show interconnections of all the components as well as their types;
- graphically display a list of the equipment employed in the delivery of services;
- assign roles and responsibilities for execution of work with graphic representation of the responsible staff and their roles;
- control the maintenance and repair of equipment with the display of the history of all actions and work progress;
- install the application on mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) and use them for scanning the QR codes of equipment to automatically display it in the inventory system.
Additionally and upon request, we are able to provide the equipment inventory with the use of RFID tags that allow for control of relocation and inventory of equipment with contactless method. To the clients with Apple devices, we can also offer the use of Apple iBeacon technology.
The meteorological equipment inventory system can be used alone or in conjunction with methodological and educational materials on maintenance and repair of equipment and its parts.